Edmonton Meals on Wheels is growing, and we are looking for motivated individuals to help us improve food security for all Edmontonians.
We are currently looking for a Temporary High-Volume Cook
Edmonton Meals on Wheels is a local non-profit agency that provides home-delivered meals, other food services and social connections to a diverse mix of people. We’re well known for exceptional food services and creative, innovative strategies that engage the community in various events, partnerships and volunteer opportunities.
An exciting, temporary new opportunity exists for a full time high volume cook to June 30, 2021, There is a possibility of extension for the right candidate and conditional on funding and organizational needs. At Edmonton Meals on Wheels. You would be working in a team environment, assuring that our clientele receives nutritious meals, desserts and snacks. Working with a diverse group of kitchen volunteers will also be part of the duties. You will assist us in moving forward with our strategic goals and client growth.
- Quantity / high volume cooking up to 1000 meals a day.
- Display and adhere to safe food handling practices, cleanliness, and hygiene.
- Excellent time management, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Cooking and packing of our frozen and/or daily meals and soups
- Dessert, sandwich, salad preparation and packaging.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Cleaning and closing of kitchen.
Scheduled Hours of Employment
- Flexibility is required, Shifts may vary between 5:45am to 1:45pm and 2:15pm to 10:15pm. Shifts are based upon the needs on the organization.
- Journeyman Cook Certification or related experience in the field.
- Security clearance for vulnerable populations mandatory.
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record of a minimum of 3 years.
- Emergency First Aide Certification
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects under tight timelines
- Positive, flexible and outgoing team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
You will enjoy
- Experiencing first-hand the difference you make in the community
- Really making a difference in the lives of people who can no longer cook
- Opportunities to cultivate new skills and meet new people
- Interacting with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Range $17.00 - $18.00
Please submit your resume to email@example.com by February 17, 2021.