Edmonton Meals on Wheels is a local non-profit and registered charitable organization that provides home-delivered meal and food services to a diverse mix of people. We’re well known for our quality customer service, excellent meals and creative & innovative strategies that engage the community in various events, partnerships and volunteer opportunities. There is always something that you will be interested in; whether purchasing meals, volunteering or attending our events.
The first hot meals were delivered April 21, 1969. We have a long and experienced history in Edmonton and are continually expanding and evolving to better meet the changing needs and demographics of the city. Since 1988 we have had our own food production and distribution center, hired Red Seal cooks and by continually monitoring our client’s preferences and needs we respond with changes to our menus and programs to better serve our community.
Think of Edmonton Meals on Wheels when you or your family members:
- Are tired of cooking or know you need to eat healthier
- Are finding it hard to cook well-balanced meals everyday
- Don’t have family close at hand to help with meals or groceries
- Need help adjusting to special dietary restrictions
- Are just being discharged from the hospital and need a little help at home
- Are looking for affordable, nutritious and tasty meal options
- Want to get involved with an enthusiastic, welcoming and diverse team
- Take a look at our 2021 Annual Report for more information on Edmonton Meals on Wheels
FEEDING BODY AND SOUL®
The service that Edmonton Meals on Wheels provides is farther reaching than just food. We’ve been told that the volunteers’ daily visits are equally as important as the food. In fact, food is our means of breaking social isolation, nourishing our community and building trusting relationships. Building friendships, sharing a story and doing the “little extras” when asked are considered by many to be just as important as the delivery of great food. That’s how we feed both body and soul. Check out our general brochure for a print out that includes information on our programs and services.
“We love our food prep days at Edmonton Meals on Wheels! It is a lot of fun and a great team building activity. The staff at Edmonton Meals on Wheels is amazing and always makes us feel at home and appreciated; the kitchen’s attention to detail and precise execution will amaze you. We know firsthand the the meal recipients appreciate the service and are proud to be a part of it. I encourage any individual or organization to donate their time.”